Application For Employment.
Position: Material Handler
Job Description – Material Handler
This position is responsible for shipping and receiving of materials, while maintaining a clean and well organized work area
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilities:
- Unload delivery vehicles with materials to receive, typically with a forklift.
- Complete incoming delivery paperwork such as bill of ladings and packing lists for truck drivers, making certain to obtain paperwork from all truck drivers.
- Compare delivery paperwork with actual product and ascertain any differences and identify whether the delivery is a consigned good from a customer or a purchased product.
- Notify the materials coordinator of any consigned goods and deliver all paperwork to appropriate departments
- Use the ERP system to look up purchase orders, identify line by line the job number that belongs to that part and receive any purchase order materials indicating the quantity of parts actually received.
- Deliver and organize materials received as requested by office, crew leaders or material coordinator and label each box of a shipment to assist in its identification later.
- Stage customer shipments by organizing all paperwork needed, gathering all materials for the shipment and taking direction to make certain the correct carrier is used.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions
- Basic computer skills utilizing the ERP system.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Effectively perform and complete duties in time compressed and high pressure situations.
- High school graduate or GED
Must have experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour days.
- Ability to bend, lift product up to 50 pounds throughout the day;
- Ability to push or pull product up to 200 pounds on an infrequent basis
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to prform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
The above statements reflect the general information considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should be construed as a detailed description of work requirements which may be inherent in the position. I have received a copy of this job description and understand and can perform the essential functions of the job
Apply through email
Want to apply? Send an email to email@example.com with your introduction and resume attached. Be sure to specify the position you are applying for.
This job application is open until it is no longer posted. If selected, the next step will be an in-person interview.
If selected, you will be working specified hours from our headquarters in Caldwell, ID.
This is a fulltime position. You’re required to work 40 hours spread over 4 days a week. 6am – 4pm Mon thru Thurs.
Our mission is to offer our clients the highest quality refrigeration products, electrical control products and packaged control room systems by providing an unmatched combination of price, quality, and service.
We will cultivate our competitive advantage through teamwork, knowledge, communication, and technology. We will focus on profitable growth through alliance with customers who embrace strong relationships and allow us reasonable profits for outstanding products and services.
Engineering & Design
Johnson Thermal Systems
1711 Slipstream Way
Caldwell ID 83605
Tel: (208) 453-1000
Fax: (208) 453-1001
Copyright © 2018 Johnson Thermal Systems.