Application For Employment.
Position: Journeyman Electrician
Job Description – Journeyman Electrician
This position is responsible for assembling or modifying, and installing electrical equipment and controls. Provides assistance in monitoring and directing the work of others including apprentices, electrical helpers, and general laborers as required.
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assembly and installation of electrical equipment and house utilities per instructions, specifications, and wiring schematics.
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, and reports in order to determine material requirements and assembly instruction.
- Layout and install electrical raceways including conduit, wire ways, and cable trays.
- Inspect and test house utilities and control wiring in order to identify malfunctions or defects using diagrams and testing equipment.
- Provide direction and monitoring of work for apprentices, electrical helpers and general laborers with electrical work duties.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of electrical components of control panels and control houses.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and control schematics to include layout drawings with ability to interpret each and report any discrepancies within blue prints and wiring schematics.
- Extensive knowledge of high voltage equipment.
- Able to demonstrate technical proficiency in the use of equipment to include, Volt Meter, MEGGER Tester, Light Meter, and tape measure.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Successful completion of National Electrical Code (NEC) certified journeyman apprenticeship or similar apprenticeship program, hours worked/experience, and testing requirements to attain journeyman status as required by Idaho, or from a state that has reciprocity agreement with said state.
2 years experience as a journeyman electrician in industrial or construction setting.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 100 pounds several times per shift; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time
- Must be able to work from 20’ ladders.
- Ability to work in all weather extremes for extended periods of time
- May travel occasionally to customer locations
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
The above statements reflect the general information considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should be construed as a detailed description of work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Apply through email
Want to apply? Send an email to email@example.com with your introduction and resume attached. Be sure to specify the position you are applying for.
This job application is open until it is no longer posted. If selected, the next step will be an in-person interview.
If selected, you will be working specified hours from our headquarters in Caldwell, ID.
This is a fulltime position. You’re required to work 40 hours spread over 4 days a week. 6am – 4pm Mon thru Thurs.
Our mission is to offer our clients the highest quality refrigeration products, electrical control products and packaged control room systems by providing an unmatched combination of price, quality, and service.
We will cultivate our competitive advantage through teamwork, knowledge, communication, and technology. We will focus on profitable growth through alliance with customers who embrace strong relationships and allow us reasonable profits for outstanding products and services.
Engineering & Design
Johnson Thermal Systems
1711 Slipstream Way
Caldwell ID 83605
Tel: (208) 453-1000
Fax: (208) 453-1001
Copyright © 2018 Johnson Thermal Systems.