Application For Employment.
Job Description – Assembler
This position is responsible for working safely as part of a team assembling sheet metal control house buildings using a variety of hand and power tools. It requires knowledge of the whole assembly process to enable each team member to rotate through all or most tasks rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis.
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilities:
- Rotate through all the tasks required including; screwing panels together, installing insulation, using power tools such as drills, grinders and a welder.
- Operate heavy equipment such as forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, squares, and measuring tapes.
- Fasten seams and joints together with bolts, rivets, caulks, and metal drive clips to assemble components into product.
- Assemble and fit prefabricated parts to form subassemblies.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of sheet metal structures
- Ability to interpret blue prints and drawings.
- Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions and using a tape measure.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- High school or GED
- Must have at least 2 experience in a manufacturing or construction environment, preferably using hand and power tools.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 100 pounds several times per shift; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time
- Must be able to work from 20’ ladders.
- Ability to work in all weather extremes for extended periods of time
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
The above statements reflect the general information considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should be construed as a detailed description of work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Apply through email
Want to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your introduction and resume attached. Be sure to specify the position you are applying for.
This job application is open until it is no longer posted. If selected, the next step will be an in-person interview.
If selected, you will be working specified hours from our headquarters in Caldwell, ID.
This is a fulltime position. You’re required to work 40 hours spread over 4 days a week. 6am – 4pm Mon thru Thurs.
Our mission is to offer our clients the highest quality refrigeration products, electrical control products and packaged control room systems by providing an unmatched combination of price, quality, and service.
We will cultivate our competitive advantage through teamwork, knowledge, communication, and technology. We will focus on profitable growth through alliance with customers who embrace strong relationships and allow us reasonable profits for outstanding products and services.
Engineering & Design
Johnson Thermal Systems
1711 Slipstream Way
Caldwell ID 83605
Tel: (208) 453-1000
Fax: (208) 453-1001
Copyright © 2018 Johnson Thermal Systems.