Application For Employment.
Job Description – Painter
This position is responsible for setting up, operating, or tending a paint pot system to paint sheet metal buildings and steel assemblies.
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate paint pot system to regulate paint flow by adjusting valves to achieve proper paint flow on product.
- Prepare unit and/or parts for paint process.
- Build mil paint thickness without quality defects to meet customer specification.
- Operate auxiliary tools or equipment used in coating or painting processes such as: power washer, sand blaster, and sander.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by using Zahn cup or other viscosity measuring device or tool.
- Manipulate valves, or switches to regulate air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Proper labeling and storage of paint and painting products.
- Timely completion of all in-process documentation.
- Knowledge of use, maintenance, and clean-up of paint pot system.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret work orders, shop orders, quality plans, blue prints, and work instructions to complete tasks.
- Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, and ratios.
- Ability to use viscosity measuring device and mil gauge.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- High school or GED
- 3 – 5 years as a painter in a production/metal fabrication facility or similar experience using HVLP gun to paint walls, roofs or ceilings. .
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as bending, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry paint gun and pull paint hose. Pick up and carry paint containers up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to work from ladders and scaffolding up to 20 feet high
- Ability to work on a roof with a ½ inch slope per foot
- Industrial manufacturing facility..
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
The above statements reflect the general information considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should be construed as a detailed description of work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Apply through email
Want to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your introduction and resume attached. Be sure to specify the position you are applying for.
This job application is open until it is no longer posted. If selected, the next step will be an in-person interview.
If selected, you will be working specified hours from our headquarters in Caldwell, ID.
This is a fulltime position. You’re required to work 40 hours spread over 4 days a week. 6am – 4pm Mon thru Thurs.
Our mission is to offer our clients the highest quality refrigeration products, electrical control products and packaged control room systems by providing an unmatched combination of price, quality, and service.
We will cultivate our competitive advantage through teamwork, knowledge, communication, and technology. We will focus on profitable growth through alliance with customers who embrace strong relationships and allow us reasonable profits for outstanding products and services.
Engineering & Design
Johnson Thermal Systems
1711 Slipstream Way
Caldwell ID 83605
Tel: (208) 453-1000
Fax: (208) 453-1001
Copyright © 2018 Johnson Thermal Systems.